Digital Schools Awards at BETT 25th – 28th of January 2017
LEE DUNN, HIGHER EDUCATION LEADER AND HP PARTNER
The Digital Schools Awards is a flagship national awards scheme that promotes and recognises a whole school approach to the use of technology in schools.
The Digital Schools Awards is a public private partnership programme supported by industry partners HP, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Microsoft and Intel. Schools that successfully complete the programme receive a nationally recognised digital schools award.
Dr. Victor McNair
Senior Lecturer at the University of Ulster in Northern Ireland
Lee Dunn, SFHEA SFRET
Lecturer in Education, Technology and Future Life,
Degree Programme Leader for Technology Education, The University of Glasgow
Following the programme’s recent introduction into Scotland and its successful establishment in Northern and Southern Ireland, BETT delegates will have the opportunity to hear about;
- the programme rationale and benefits for government agencies and participating primary schools in being part of a growing digital schools’ community
- the 3 steps and what is involved for participating schools
- the award evaluation criteria of Leadership and Vision, Curriculum, School Culture, Professional Development and Resources and Infrastructure.
- independent award validation based on international best practice
- how education authorities and schools can get involved